Headshots That Make You Look Good, And Stand Out In Your Industry
At Dermot Murphy Photography we know how to make you feel relaxed during your private headshot session in our beautiful South Belfast photography studio, just off the lower Malone road and close to Queens University Belfast, with free parking right outside the front door. Book your appointment in advance at a time that suits you either via our online booking system or over the phone. We have dressing and makeup facilities at your disposal so you can check your appearance during the session. You’ll be offered refreshments in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere with plenty of time for us to capture stunning headshots with a range of poses and expressions from which you’ll choose your favourites.
Get my FREE Guide to getting a headshot that your customers will love!
A headshot is much more than just a photo; it is the face you show to the rest of the world. It only takes one-tenth of a second for people to judge what they think of you. If you want to create a great first impression, then you’ll need a fantastic headshot that radiates a professional persona. In this era of social selling, people do look you up online before getting in touch with you. In fact, about 57% of the decision to do business with you has already been made before a prospect gets in touch with you.
As a headshot specialist, I have the expertise in bringing out your best you. I will create a professional portrait of you that makes an eye-opening first impression for anyone who sees it. Most importantly, you’ll love it and want to show it off in as many places as you can. It will make you stand out in your industry. It’s all more than the lighting, retouching and technical skills, I know how to make you feel relaxed to give you the best experience you’ve ever had in front of a camera. I guarantee you’ll have fun and that love the results. What are you waiting for? Book online or call the studio today on 028 90020306. I look forward to meeting you.
High-End Professional Headshots for Internet and Social Media use including, LinkedIn, Curriculum Vitae, Website, Facebook, Instagram, Newspaper and Magazine Articles etc.
RATES & ONLINE BOOKING
IN AND OUT SESSION
- Up to 30 Minute Studio Session
- Retouched Digital Photo supplied ready for use on LinkedIn & Social Media
- Photo selected at the studio
- Perfect for those who want a quick, cost-effective way to get a fantastic headshot without any extra fuss.
- Up to 60 Minute Private Studio Session
- Choose any 2 Digital Photos to use on LinkedIn & Social Media
- High-End Retouching
- Online Proofing Gallery
- Relax. Decide which images you want later.
- For those who want a perfect headshot – done swiftly and easily but without feeling rushed. We’ll shoot an extra wardrobe change so you can leave knowing you have options to choose from with plenty of time to review your images from home or office over the next few days via your private online proofing gallery.
- Up to 2 Hour Studio Session
- 5 Digital Photos to use on LinkedIn & Social Media
- Free Branding Consultation
- High-End Retouching
- Online Proofing Gallery
- Relax. Decide which images you want later.
- Virtual post-session image consultation (optional)
- Everything the Express session has to offer, plus time to create an amazing variety of different looks and lighting styles! Take your session to the next level with a studio portraits custom tailored to convey your own personal brand. End up with a series of different looks to use on your website, print and social media.
- We’ll have a detailed planning session with you and complete our business headshot preparation checklist.
- We can come to you, set up our studio, brief your team, and take as many headshots as required.
- Session Duration (Depends on the number and type of headshot required, allow 5-10 minutes per headshot).
- Retouched images
- In this era of social selling, people do look you up online before getting in touch with you. In fact, about 57% of the decision to do business with you has already been made before prospect gets in touch with you. That’s why your return on investment, or ROI, on social media is so important, especially with LinkedIn.
Professional Makeup Application (by arrangement with one of our brilliant Makeup Artists) +£60
Having your headshot photo taken can make some people feel a little bit awkward, maybe they even think it’s a little scary when they stop to think that their headshot shows up everywhere online, from the results of internet searches to the profile photo on all of their social media profiles. So it makes total sense to ensure it’s the best photo ever been taken of you. One that you’ll be proud to let people see. The good news is that you don’t need to be a professional model to get an incredible looking headshot. You just need to work with someone who knows what they are doing to make you feel relaxed, and at ease, so you end up with a cracker of a headshot. That’s precisely what I do and why you’ll love working with me, even if you hate getting your photo taken.
I understand how easy it is to get nervous, freeze up or let your self-consciousness get in the way of an excellent photo. That’s why I create the kind of friendly, relaxed environment that brings out the real you. I know how to bring out the best in you so that you project a calm and confident face to the world. Collaborating on a private headshot session with me will feel like fun.
I hear the phrase “I hate having my picture taken” just about every day, and I can honestly say that I’ve never worked with anyone that I couldn’t make happy in their headshots. I always guarantee fantastic results. You’ll even leave with a few tips to look your best in any photo going forward!
What to expect
First things first – when you arrive at my gorgeous studio you can expect me to greet you with a warm welcome and a big smile. We’ll get your clothes hung up and start to get acquainted while I make you a cup of coffee.
We’ll look through your wardrobe and start pulling favorites while we talk about your work, your life, your family so I can get to know you, your personal brand and how you want to look in your headshots.
If you’ve opted for makeup services with your session, we’ll get you right into the chair at this point so the beautification can commence!
After everything is looking camera-ready face wise, I’ll have you try on a few different clothing options so I can see how things fit and what colors compliment your features. And we will steam anything that needs a little help in the wrinkle department.
Once we have wardrobe all figured out, then it’s time to step in front of my lights which are rather bright at first, so I like to give everyone a few minutes to let their eyes adjust. I will snap a few test shots to make sure everything is looking just right, and I will teach you a few simple techniques that we will be using to get you looking your very best in your images.
Then once your eyes have adjusted and you are feeling ready to go, we’ll start shooting. I’ll be saying lots of funny things to you to get you laughing and having fun as well as providing expert coaching, pro tips, creative insights and direct direction every step of the way. Remember, getting you to look awesome in your headshots is 100% my job not yours. 🙂
All of the advanced coaching and direction I give is designed to capture and convey your personality authentically and reactively so that you look confident, professional, friendly and approachable in your headshots.
As your session moves along, we’ll stop a few times to review images on the computer to make sure you like what you are seeing and address any areas of opportunity that we have for improvement.
This is meant to be a truly collaborative effort, so I will want you to be very honest with me about what you love and anything you don’t. My #1 priority is that we get results that you super happy with. I never take offense, and it’s easy to shift gears on the fly if realize something isn’t working so there is no need to hold anything back.
We will continue to review images in between sets and wardrobe changes, deleting the bad ones and only keeping the good ones. Expressions tend to get better and better as the session progresses so towards the end is where we can expect to see the most fantastic looks coming through. If we haven’t quite gotten there yet, that means we aren’t finished shooting. I never enforce a strict time limit on the length of a session. We shoot until we have the shots we are after and we end the session only when we both feel fantastic about what we have accomplished.
What are others saying? Read about recent experiences from very happy clients…
TEXT HEADSHOT TO 07903 567718 to GET our FREE Headshot Photo Guide
AVAILABILITY, SCHEDULING & PAYMENTS:
- Schedule typically fills up 1-2 weeks in advance.
- You can check the real-time availability through my online booking system above. Other times may be available. Please email your preferred date and time.
- If you have an urgent need to shoot within the next few days please contact us to see if we can squeeze you in.
- Payment for your session is collected at the time of booking and acts as a deposit to hold your session.
- Out of respect for our time and talent, booked sessions must be rescheduled at least 48 hours in advance.
- Deposit payments are non-refundable but can be transferred to another date in case of emergency.
TURNAROUND & DELIVERY:
- Proofing gallery typically uploaded within 1-2 days after your session.
- Standard turnaround time for delivery of retouched images is typically 10 days from when final selections received/confirmed.
- Expedited/Rush delivery of retouched images is available. See below for rates..
All rates and terms are subject to change without notice.